Sider

10/17/2016

My First Halloween Party For Kids - Part II

Well, the party was a success. I did not do the muffins - which turned out to be a good call - since it turned out there wouldn't really have been enough time for it.

My daughter and I carved out the inside of the pumpkins before the other kids arrived. I was really glad we did that beforehand. Kids have a short attention span at that age, and hollowing out a pumpkin does take some work. Drawing the faces and cutting them out took the right amount of time for them to not lose interest.

Cutting out the easiest paper models from Ravensblight.com was also fine. Fortunately I had done a test run the day before, and realized that kids 7-8 years old would not have the patience - or possibly the skill - to cut out and assemble houses and vehicles. The kids all chose the bats to cut out and put on their walls.

So in between play, dress-up, trick-and-treat and eating candy it was a really nice day - for both the kids and their adults :)

No comments:

Post a Comment